Monday, April 13, 2015

Strength..Lord I need it!

I always find it interesting when I have a thought or memory that I haven't had for a long time and almost in an instant am brought back to the feelings, the timeline of my life when that memory happened. Sometimes they are good memories and some aren't so good.

This is a good memory...
With all the chaos of my life, I felt it might be nice to share my thoughts, my prayers and my walk as a Set Apart Girl on the journey of a lifetime with the ultimate Lover of my soul. Living everyday for Him is not always easy but hardly boring. I continue to find joy in the little things that He shows me daily as I stand in awe of the life I get to live. So with that, I went back to my old blog that I started what seems like forever ago. I honestly don't care if no one reads this, or if tons of people do..this is me and if maybe it helps someone on this process of life; I will love that.

Today I was reminded of the beauty of the human spirit. Looking into the eyes of a person who has been through a lot, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually and still has a fighting spirit that can not be put down, is truly amazing. I desire so much to be the kind of woman that has the strength of God coursing through my veins. Sometimes I don't feel like that, it's more like a I'm borrowing the strength of God from someone else's time with Him. Though that too is powerful, it's not the same as getting it from Him myself.
Lord, I am weak. I am frail and my spirit has no strength in and of itself. Like a branch that sits by it's self, I can never truly become strong and grow without first connecting to the vine. You are the Vine that beckons me daily to cling to You. I'm sorry that I don't always listen and obey. Search my heart and know me as Your word says. I surrender my life and I am not my own..but to You I belong.

After a long day of dance classes, bible studies, costume orders, performance planning, and a stomach ache..I am ready to hit the hay..well actually I sleep on a bed! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful company of girls and families that continue to support the vision that He has placed in my heart and have allowed me access to their daughters to share my passions, what I'm learning and my desire to dance for Him! It's amazing to be a part of First Position!
The little girls have finally been able to do their dances by themselves and got their lift perfected in their ballet dance! These girls, only 2 months ago were saying there was no way they could lift a girl over their heads, but today they proved themselves wrong. It was pretty epic, you had to be there. ;)
The girls have been my troopers this year. With one student having a few injuries that have taken her out of dance for weeks..who is coming to class and dancing with a big boot on, to enemy attacks on girls in the area of their walk with God, and the struggle of surrendering junk that gets in the way of truly worshiping and serving Him. These girls have worked their butts off this year, and I'm not just talking physically but have developed and stretched their "reach muscle"..reaching for the things God has put in place for them and I couldn't be more proud.
We are now 4 weeks away from the show! Get ready, because it's gonna be epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment