Friday, September 14, 2012

Light & Life

What I love most about my morning quiet time, is the stillness I feel when I'm in the Lord's presence. Trust me, it doesn't happen as often as I wish. My thoughts sometimes drown out any words that the Holy Spirit is trying to speak. But there is a moment when I allow my spirit to quiet and there I can hear His still, small voice.

This mornings devotions were about Light and Life. It says in John 1:4 "Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men."
When we have Christ living in us, we become the light in a dark world. For most people, the light is so obvious. Yet for others, it dims more and more everyday. So what does it take to keep that light brighter, and stronger?

Sometimes when Christ shines through us, those that are walking in the darkness become uncomfortable when they are around us. We become that mirror that shows them how far off the path they have strayed. I've seen this time and time again. Don't be surprised if you are rejected and resisted on this earth. Christ was too when He was here on earth, and from His own people. We will be rejected and resisted. Never see that as a bad thing. It is a wonderful that God chooses you to express Himself through. Allow the Spirit to guide you and lead you through all life's twists and turns.

The exciting part of it all is that when people encounter you, they encounter Christ within you. Please take every opportunity to give what you have to the hurting. Don't waste a minute keeping Christ to yourself.

Make that your goal, to continue to be the Light in your home, your school, your work place, and wherever you go.

As long as the Lord is living within you, you will never lose your ground. Stay close to Him. Let Him be your Light, when all other lights go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment