Thursday, October 13, 2011

Revenge...is it really sweet?

It's interesting that this would be my devotion today. Not that I am looking for, or struggling with revenge but I think this is a topic that hits home for some girls, and guys. It can be hard to not take revenge when others treat you, well, not so nice. God's word says in Romans 12:17, "Don't repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody." and also verse 19, "Don't take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay." says the Lord. I don't know about you but I am sure, God's wrath is far more effective then mine.

As a christian, I think we sometimes get into the mind set that now that I am a follower of Him, nothing bad will ever happen to me. On the contrary, we face many trails as a believer. The Lord even said that we would, but when we did He also told us how to deal with them.

He says in His word about trails and struggles and how they should be dealt with:

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trail, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer... Romans 12:12

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, know that suffering produces endurance... Roman 5:3

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything be prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made know to God. Philippians 4:6

When trials come, don't take revenge...let go, and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment