Sunday, June 5, 2011

Who Determines Your Worth?















"What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail-even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries." ~Matthew 10:39-31, THE MESSAGE

"One of the things I had to confront in my life was the issue of perfectionism. When are you are a perfectionist, you tend either to push yourself all the time to be better or to go into failure mode and give up, believing that you'll never succeed. My tendency was to live with a sense that God was disappointed in me-that I was not good enough. Through study and prayer and time alone with Him, the Lord assured me that I am loved and secure. I know that I'm His princess, accepted and cherished. Because many people spend much of their time trying to please others, they're uncomfortable in their own skin and don't know who they are. Unfortunately, they derive their sense of worth from what they do or don't do for others. It's all based on a false and conditional love. We can get so wrapped up in our selfishness that we can't see beyond ourselves to find our worth in God-who we are in Him." ~Rebecca St. James (Pure)

This is something that I have been dealing with for a long time in my life. I look to mere humans, my friends to find my value. I look to some of my guy friends for my value. "If he would just say that I am pretty, or smart, I'll be feel loved". Sadly that is an act of selfishness. And I see that now. That when you look to humans to find your worth you end up feeling empty in the end. There is a God sized hole that only God can fill. So here is my challenge to you.....

"How much time do you spend in the morning thinking about how others will perceive you based on what you look like each day? How could you spend some of that time comtemplating your worth in God's eyes? Look in the mirror and realize how precious you are to Him."

Dear Lord,
We thank you for loving us with an unconditional love. God we pray that you will fill us up with your love, and compassion. God show us how much we are worth. Help us not to look to our friends for our worth. Lord, I thank you for this opportunity I have to share my heart with girls through this blog. I know I am not alone. And I pray that we can hold each other accountable for our actions. I pray that these girls can find good christian friends that will lift them up and encourage them to be ALL they can be for You. Thank you again for loving us....loving me. Keep speaking to us. Give us a passion to seek you more then we ever have before. In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment