Sunday, January 16, 2011

Because Every Child Needs Jesus

Dear friends and loved ones,

I'm very excited to be starting my 5th year as a Summer Missionary for CEF, Child Evangelism Fellowship. CEF has been around since 1937 and is reaching children worldwide. I will be attending CYIA (Christian Youth In Action) in June for a two week training on how to teach and reach children. I am happy to be going as a 5th year student. Also, I will be bringing on some new teens to reach children in the Wisconsin area.

In addition to going to CYIA this summer I will be heading to Salt Lake City, Utah for Good News Across America (GNAA) This is my first year doing this and I will beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to minister outside of WI. GNAA is a two week missions trip, where people from all over the USA come together and build up the area. Planting 5-day clubs (like a mini VBS) and Good News Clubs (like 5-day clubs but during the school year) wherever we can.
I have a lot of work to do before summer hits. I will be raising support for my missions trips. I am leaning on the Lord for all my support. And looking to people like you, to support a missionary to do the work that you, yourself can't do. My amount to raise is between $1,500 and $2, 000 to cover my training, meals, lodging, material and travel. Any contribution would be more then helpful. Prayer is also another way to help support me. I need prayer for safe travels as well as making sure I stay focused on what my task is: Reaching the children.

Thank you all for being so supportive in helping reach these children for Christ!

Because every child needs Jesus,
Talyn

No comments:

Post a Comment