Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's tough being a woman....

As I sit here, and think about what to write about. The song "Everything I need" by Kutless came to mind. The words and message spoke to my heart. So many times we as Christians get to a place where we feel we "don't need God". I know, I have been there. This song is such an awesome reminder. That the Lord is our EVERYTHING!





As young girls, we let ourselves be consumed by pop culture, boys, and worldly appeal. Trying to find our value from somewhere. The world seems to tell us that we can't be complete without else shoes, or that dress..or this guy. We have to dance to these songs, and act the way the world tells us to. And all the while, we have the whole world's eyes on us. Watching, waiting for us to fall. Beth Moore says in her bible study Esther (which I encourage every young lady to watch) she mentions the toughest things about being a woman. And she says, "It's tough being a woman in another woman's shadow." It's so true. We go through life, always watching that one girl. Who seems like she has it all. The guys, the body, the life, and maybe is even a Christian. And we seem to constantly be measuring ourselves up against the Barbies of this world.






It's tough being a woman. The song, "Everything I need"...is..more then just a song. It's what our entire existence should be wrapped around. We should live and breathe our Heavenly Prince. Wanting to ONLY measure up to HIM! I know I haven't arrived in this category. I get stuck in the same boat. But every time I feel myself slipping into it..I have to stop myself. Think about what really matters. Jesus is the only thing that should matter to us.






I have a friend, who is a really great guy. He loves to express himself through the art of dancing. And he is very good at it. We were talking about how we shouldn't care about what people think about us. He is right. Many times, we feel the need to measure ourselves because we aren't comfortable with who we are. We look to everything for worth, except in the face of the one who loves us the most. The one who made the snow, who gives us our dreams, and passions. He is the last one on our minds when we need him the most.






Lord, we thank you. For never leaving us. We look to you for our worth. Not in worldly possessions. Or in the love of a guy, but in you alone. Thank you for being everything we need.



Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment